In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Guilford Historical Society

Guilford Historical Society Facts

Founded:
The Guilford Historical Society was founded in 1983 and moved into the newly purchased Straw & Martin Building in 1986.

Collections:
The first floor of the Straw & Martin Building, out of which the Guilford Historical Society operates, is the organization's museum. Extensive remodeling from 1997-98 allowed for space to be used as such.

Facilities:
In 1986 the group purchased the Straw & Martin Building. The structure dates back to 1825, when it was built by Addison Martin. It has since served as a bank and as an office of the Straw and Martin Insurance Co., from which the building derives its name.