In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Guilford Historical Society

Chase-Em-In Tea Room, Guilford, ca. 1920

Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
MMN Item 29435 Item Details
Chase-Em-In Tea Room, Guilford, ca. 1920
MMN Item 29435 Zoom


In the 1920s on State Route 15 in Guilford, a small lunchroom and filling station was opened for business known as the Chase-Em-In Tea Room. It was Located at the top of the hill about two miles east of Guilford Village and across from Guilford Industries yarn mill. Several businesses were operated from this location over the years. Later it was rebuilt and known as Hill Top House as a residence. In 2000, it was owned and operated by Mr. & Mrs. Dwinal Hall as Hall's Restaurant for several years. Note the gasoline sold for 26 cents.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.