In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Guilford Historical Society

Remains of Guilford Town Hall after fire of 1928

Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
MMN Item 30696 Item Details
Remains of Guilford Town Hall after fire of 1928
MMN Item 30696 Zoom

Description

The Town Hall was built in 1880, lost to fire in 1928. The fire house and hose house (used for drying hoses) can be seen in the rear of the photograph. Equipment and records were destroyed in this fire. The Town Hall was never rebuilt.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.